Monday, November 22, 2010

My Interview with PurpleSheepYarns!

 Hello everyone! Today I am going to share with you my interview with PurpleSheepYarns.

-Tell us a little bit about yourself
I am married, no children. I have been working in yarn crafting since late 2004. I began my passion as a crocheter, then moved on to knitting, and quickly thereafter, I began dabbling in hand dyeing my own yarns. I grew up in Mississippi, but now live in Minnesota. I am also an artist, though I prefer my yarn crafting to my pencils and inks.

-What do you sell on Etsy?
I sell hand painted and hand dyed yarns. Mostly sock yarns, but I also carry worsted weights (though they're harder to keep in stock) and hope to soon include bulky weights as well as blends including alpaca and silk.

-How did you come to join Etsy?
I actually began my adventure on Etsy in October 2007 under another name. Then, I sold hand crocheted dolls and other various crocheted items. Business was decent, but my heart wasn't in it, so I closed down the shop. However, I continued to have a passion for yarn craft. So, I decided to reopen business on Etsy this year, selling my hand dyed yarns instead. I feel this is a better direction for me.


-Where else can we find you?(blog, facebook, twitter, etc)
I have a fan page set up on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Purple-Sheep-Yarns/157181280979847


No comments:

Post a Comment