Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Interview with Joyous Treasures

Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a great day! Today I am going to share with you my interview with Joyous Treasures. Make sure you read it and check out the shop.


Tell us about yourself.

I'm a stay at home daughter. I have enjoyed helping my mom out with the housework and creating in between. I have two older siblings who are now married leaving me the oldest at home for now, and so far I have a nephew and niece and another nephew on the way!
We live in the country with all the animals and activities, you would usually find on a farm...horses, chickens, cows, gardening, etc.
It's quite an adventure!


What kind of products do you sell on your etsy shop?

I sell my crocheted bookmarks and appliques. Occasionally you'll see other things here and there, but the bookmarks are really my forte.


How long have you been an etsy seller?

I first opened shop around October of 2008, but it wasn't until March of 2009 that I really started investing time into it.


What is your current location?

I currently live in Middle TN, not far from the Franklin area, which is quiet convenient!


What made you decide to become an etsy seller?

I loved to crochet, and was interested in selling online. But I didn't want to have my own domain just yet, so I started looking around at my options. I had stumbled across Etsy before when searching for jewelry to buy, so I checked into and decided I liked it.


Where do you find Inspiration for your creations?

Nature! I love flowers, and always have. I wear them in my hair, on my clothes, I decorate with them. When I first started making bookmarks I made up the flowers, but then I started creating patterns that are modeled from real flowers. 


How do you usually promote your shop?

I think the thing that has worked best for me is to list several products a week. But sometimes it's hard to crochet fast enough to keep up with that.
So I spend a couple hours every day interacting with the community and getting to know knew people. I really enjoy this! I write business articles on two different blogs and also the Etsy forums.
I also have used Project Wonderful from time to time with some success.


Favorite books, movies, musicians?

My favorite books ever are the Star Wars books...the ones that continue where the movies left off. There are a couple hundred of them, and I've read most of them through twice.
My favorite movies, are X-men, Spiderman, Batman, The Mask Of Zoro, and others like it.
I think my all time favorite movies are the Lord Of The Rings though.
I also listen to a lot of soundtrack music. My favorite composers are Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, and Harry Gregson Williams.
Classical music is a favorite of mine as well. I love piano especially, and enjoy listening to Beethoven and Chopin.
Having grown up with contemporary christian music, I also love to listen to Steven Curtis Chapman, Toby Mac, Group 1 Crew, and a few others.


What do you like to do when you’re not doing etsy related things?

I play the piano, and am a local photographer as well, so those things keep me pretty busy!


Do you have any advice you could give to people just signing up to etsy?

Be passionate and outgoing about your work. Confidence is one of the best marketing strategies out there!


Where would you like your shop to be in 5 years?

I think I would like it to be a small business I could run on the side while raising a family. A kind of dream that I have is to make 2 or 3 sales a week while raising my kids! Although I can handle a lot more than that right now, I want to start a family, and 3 sales per week seems like a good amount without getting overwhelmed.

You can check out this great shop here
http://www.etsy.com/shop/joyoustreasures










And also check out these other links
http://www.etsytreasurechest.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/joyoustreasures
http://www.handmadespark.com/blog/author/johanna-draper/

No comments:

Post a Comment