Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Interview with Jibri Online

Hello everyone! Today I am pleased to share with you my interview with Jasmine of Jibrionline.

At Jibrionline you can find great fashions for curvy plus size women. I really wanted to interview this shop because I know it's really hard for women to find nice plus size clothing out there, and I want to let them know that they do exist.


Why did you decide to focus on plus size clothing?  

I've made my clothes most of my life, but when I entered the work world I didn't have time to sew as much.  I was forced to shop retail. I realized how "blah" the plus fashion market was. I decided right then that I'd start a plus line.




How long have you been an etsy seller? 

Just over a year...I joined May of 2009 and listed my first piece in June 09.


What made you decide to start selling on Etsy? 

A friend of mine constantly talked about Etsy....I needed a webstore but didn't have the know how to set up a full webstore. Etsy was perfect for me. A marketplace for independent artists and designers. Perfect!


Where do you find Inspiration for your designs?  

I love to travel so I definitely pick up a lot of inspiration that way. I'm also inspired by vintage cinema, music, art, powerful female figures and underground culture.

How do you usually promote your shop? 

I do quite a few shows and events catered towards full figured women....that definitely helps spread the word on my line.

What do you like to do when you’re not doing etsy related things? 

I'm a travel addict so I spend as much time on the road (or skies) as possible.


Do you have any advice you could give to people just signing up to etsy?

The main thing they stress in all the Etsy "how to's" is to be sure your pictures are clear. I think they're right! Also....stay true to your craft. Don't let outside influences drown your creativity.


Where would you like your shop to be in 5 years? 

I'm certain that the Esty consumer base will continue to grow. I'd live to grow right along with them! :)


You can see more of Jibrionline here:

Website - wwwjibrionlinecom
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jibrionline
Etsy Shop -  www.jibrionline.etsy.com


Thank-you Jasmine for doing this interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment