Saturday, June 26, 2010

New Life Brings Inspiration

Last summer a morning dove made a nest just outside our backyard door. She ended up having two little babies. I spent a lot of time watching these little birds grow and taking pictures of them. I found them very inspiring, it was cool that a little family was being created and growing in our backyard. I loved watching the babies grow up.

Today I saw a morning dove and I remembered the family of morning doves we had last year and it inspired me to show off the pictures I took, hopefully this will bring a smile to your face like it does for me.

This is when we first noticed they hatched




A couple days or so later, they are growing really fast.


Mommy left the nest to go look for some food. They are getting so big! I don't know how they all fit in that little nest.


The babies are out of the nest, thinking about flying. Mommy is near by watching them.
 I've been spotted!

Ready for Takeoff!
 

They left shortly after this picture was taken. I was happy to know that they were able to fly, and that they are all grown up. But it was kind of sad knowing that they were gone, I was getting attached to the little guys.

Well, about a week later, they came back for a visit. Mom, dad and the babies. I didn't have my camera with me the day the whole family came back. But it was so cute, you could tell the babies were still figuring out this whole flying thing.

For about a week, the two babies stuck together and came back and hung out in our backyard, the parents have left them at this time. I was able to get a few more good pictures of them.



I hope you enjoyed these as much as I do. Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are GREAT photos!!! How sweet..I've always been fascinated by nests...

    ReplyDelete