Monday, June 28, 2010

My Interview with taliepstein

Hello everyone! Happy Monday! I'm pleased to share this interview I had with a very talented fashion designer, Tali Epstein, a fellow etsy seller.

Q. Tell us about yourself

A. My name is Tali Epstein, I live in Israel. I'm about to graduate from a fashion college in Tel Aviv. I love chic, vintage and feminine stuff. I find designing clothes for women very interesting; finding the correct fit and style that most flatters individual women.
Women should look good and feel good: my goal is to create clothing that women can actually wear and enjoy.



Q. What kind of products do you sell on your etsy shop?

A. I sell fashion related items, for now I'm trying to focus on clothes. Anything feminine and fun!


Q. How long have you been an etsy seller?
A. I have only officially opened my shop on May 2nd 2010, so I'm pretty new still :)


Q. What is your current location?
A. Israel. I would love to live in Paris though! 


Q. What made you decide to become an etsy seller?
A. I discovered Etsy a long time ago (in 2008 I believe). I see lots of great shops here and thought I'd give it a go. Since I'm in the process of finding a proper studio here in Israel, selling online is the best thing.


Q. Where do you find Inspiration for your creations?
A. Everywhere! Life, art, magazines, people and so much more!


Q. How do you usually promote your shop?

A. Lots of hard work and many long hours on facebook, etsy forums and blogs. However, business cards are good too.


Q. Favourite books, movies, musicians?

A. Books: Emma's Secret by Barbara Taylor Bradford, How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff, Remember Me by Mary Higgins Clark
Movies: The turning pointe, Flash dance and many others
Musicians: Plastiscines , The Beatles, Marit Larsen


Q. What do you like to do when you’re not doing etsy related things?

A. I love sewing and drawing. I guess that is etsy related in a way since that is what I do... I also love ballet! I used to take classes but had to stop due to a wrist injury I'm still recovering from.


Q. Do you have any advice you could give to people just signing up to etsy?

A. My best advice would be to stay strong and believe in yourself! Things on etsy take time, you must stay focused on your passion!


Q. Where would you like your shop to be in 5 years?

A. I would love my shop to still be here and doing well. Lots of sales and items!
I would also love to have a proper boutique! A few actually, and around the world!


Thank you, Tali Epstein! 

If you would like to learn more about this shop, check out the following!

Shop- http://taliepstein.etsy.com
Blog- http://talifashion.blogspot.com
Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/TaliEpsteinFashion

No comments:

Post a Comment